Easy-Charge Additive (ECA) is a clear water-based additive that can be mixed in a ratio of 1:1 with any Excalibur 500PF, 533PF, 550PF plastisol ink colour or, 581PF Arctic White to produce soft, dischargeable prints on 100% cotton reactive dyed, dark garments. Even though garments discharged with this mixture will not have the soft hand feel associated with a completely water-base discharge inks, the prints will be much softer than opaque plastisol prints and will get substantially softer after laundering. Consult your garment manufacturer to ask if the garments you are using are capable of producing discharged prints. Due to the nature of some red plastisol pigments Easy-Charge Additive (ECA) may not produced the desired results when mixed into red plastisol colors.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Easily mixes with plastisol ink to form a half-water base, half-plastisol ink to produce soft, discharge prints on 100% cotton t-shirts that have been dyed with “reactive” dyes.
- DC-294N Discharge is not considered hazardous avoiding costly dangerous goods shipping charges.
- One-half plastisol mixture allows screen to stay open longer increasing production.
- Completely formaldehyde-free system not included on any government suspect or banned chemical list.
- Stays open in screen longer than complete water-base discharge systems to increase production.
- Completely phthalate-free and lead-free formulation complies with all standards of Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) banning phthalates and heavy metals in textile-printing inks.
Mixing: Mix 1 part Easy-Charge Additive with 1 part plastisol ink. After thoroughly mixing, stir in 5%-10% DC 294N Discharge Agent and mix thoroughly. Excellent results are achieved when mixing Easy-Charge Additive with any colour from Excalibur’s 533PF or 550PF high-opacity inks series or Excalibur’s 581PF Arctic White. Only mix enough ink that can be used in a 4-6 hour period.
Gel Temperature: Ink will gel on surface at 240° F (116° C).
Curing: Ink film will fully cure when the entire ink film reaches 320° F (160° C.) for 90 seconds. A longer heat chamber or running the garment through the dryer a second time may be necessary to produce a fully discharged print.
Mesh: For direct printing an 86-195/inch (32T-76Tcm) may be used.
Stencil: Due to the water contained in the Easy-Charge Additive a water-proof stencil is required to prevent premature stencil breakdown.
Modification: If due to shop conditions the Easy-Charge mixture is drying in the screen too fast, 10% by weight of WA 392 Wetting Agent may be added.
Squeegee: 70 durometer or 90/70/90 triple durometer blades are recommended.
Clean-up: This mixture will clean out of screen and off tools and squeegees with water. Use Enviro Series 2000 Green or Enviro Series TR Blend if any residual plastisol ink is not removed from the screen.
Always test garments for discharge reaction and finished prints for curing, adhesion and desired look prior to beginning full production runs. Lancer Group International cannot guarantee the results or back claims that this mixed ink will test phthalate-free if any additive other than an additive manufactured by Lancer Group International is used to modify this ink. Test results by a third-party laboratory verifying all components used to produce this ink are phthalate-free and lead-free are available upon request.