Stone Print inks are unique special effects inks that produce prints with sharp edges and rough surfaces that simulates the feel of rock or stone. Thicker stencils made from capillary films are recommended as a thicker ink deposit produces the most dramatic special effects. Series Stone Print is extremely opaque and has excellent washability. Four new colours including Sandstone, Red Rock, Slate and Fools Gold are now available. Stone Print is available in a base that when used with Excalibur plastisol pigments allows printers to produce custom colours.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- When combined with thick stencils produced with capillary film the surface of the print will simulate the rough surface of a stone or rock.
- Easy-printing viscosity allows Stone Print to be used on both manual and automatic presses.
- Available in a base to use with Excalibur pigments to produce special colours.
- High-opacity formulation easily covers dark backgrounds.
- Completely phthalate-free and lead-free formulation complies with all standards of Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) banning phthalates and heavy metals in textile-printing inks.
Gel Temperature: Ink will surface gel at 240° F (116° C).
Curing: Prints will fully heat cure when the entire ink film reaches 320°F (160°C).
Mesh: A 60-110/inch (24-43Tcm) produces the most dramatic effects.
Stencil: Capillary films between 100-150 microns in thickness or extra thick stencils produced with direct emulsions are recommended.
Modification: Because plastisol inks are thixotropic and can body up during storage always stir ink thoroughly prior to printing No reduction of this ink is recommended as it could alter the finished special effect. If absolutely necessary ink can be reduced with small amounts of 501PF Curable Reducer.
Squeegee: 70 durometer or 90/70/90 triple durometer blades are recommended.
Printing Techniques: A print/flash/print technique may be necessary to produced desired results.
Clean-up: Use Enviro Series 2000 Green or Enviro Series TR Blend.
COLOURS—Base, White, Black, Fools Gold, Slate, Red Rock, Sandstone.
Always test finished prints for gel, curing, adhesion and desired look prior to beginning full production runs. Lancer Group International cannot guarantee the results or back claims that this ink will test phthalate-free if any additive other than an additive manufactured by Lancer Group International is used to modify this ink. Test results by a third-party laboratory verifying all components used to produce this ink are phthalate-free and lead-free are available upon request.